Friday, May 10, 2013

M03 CP - Awareness Poster (Part 2)

Working on this heart awareness poster for the American Heart Association was interesting in that I was able to play around with a few different font preferences before I finally chose the final outcome.  I chose my fonts Rockwell and Blackadder ITC, based on the chart on "Complementary Typeface Pairs" from Typography Crash Course with Denise Bosler's article(pg.73) I chose a picture of my son on the beach for a background and incorporation both the American Heart Association Logo as well as an interesting eye I found with two hands forming a heart in the reflection of the iris.  I used the eye dropper tool to pick the color green for the thought text from my son's shirt and used the black for the factual information to bring attention back to reality after reading the thought process.  Here is what I came up with:

Image References:

http://www.heart.org 
Bosler, Denise. Typography Crash Course Howdesign.com Online. June 12,2012 http://www.howdesign.com/design-creativity/fonts-typography/typography-crash-course/ 

1 comment:

  1. Great pic of the kid but I do not get it. Is he happy because he had a good check up? Its too many words.
    Jon

    ReplyDelete